[Techtalk] Debian potato->woody upgrade?

Michelle Murrain tech at murrain.net
Wed Apr 3 08:14:20 EST 2002

At 01:20 AM 4/3/2002, Terri Oda wrote:
>I've decided I'm not a "stable" sort of gal, so I'm looking to upgrade my
>stable debian to testing.   (I'm not terribly surprised that stable isn't
>recent enough for me, but I thought I'd give it a shot.)

Speaking of stable vs. testing, why has woody taken so long to become
stable? I though Woody was to become stable last summer? I've been running
woody now for quite a while.

For the most part, I think Debian does it right - but, for example, debian
stable is still running postgres 6.5, when it's been at 7.x for a  good
long while now, and that was such a major improvement. I think this is true
for a lot of packages, and my fear is that by the time woody becomes
stable, it will be out of date already.

And for folks running sid (unstable) - how is it?

.Michelle

Michelle Murrain
tech at murrain.net
AIM/Yahoo Messenger:pearlbear0