[Techtalk] Multiple NICs, Bad IRQs?

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolm at commsecure.com.au
Wed Sep 12 10:35:32 EST 2001

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 09:01:40PM -0500, Julie wrote:
[...]
> And for my efforts, several hundred more receiver errors.  The
> other machines in the house all get 2 or 3 MB/s when talking to
> each other.  It's just this one interface on this one machine.
> I've swapped everything around -- and I mean =everything= --
> and nothing makes a difference.  Not the card, the cables, the
> in-wall wiring.  If it's eth0 it gets receiver errors ...

Now, I realise you've said that you have swapped everything a few times,
but let me just check one last option: have you changed the PCI slot in
which the card sits (i.e. move it to another slot entirely)? I had a
similar hair-tearing-out experience a while back that turned out to be a
dodgy pci slot on the motherboard.

When you tell us that that has been tried also, I will then have no idea
what could be going wrong. :-(

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
Borrow from a pessimist - they don't expect it back.