[Techtalk] metric system/transfer rates

ktb x.y.f at home.com
Sun Sep 9 16:56:42 EST 2001

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 11:31:45AM -0500, ktb wrote:
> I've been searching google now for a half hour and can't find what I'm
> looking for, which is unusual.  Having not grown up with the metric
> system I've never been real comfortable with how things are measured in
> the computer world.  I know it is a simple thing but none of it makes
> sense to me unless I convert to MB or GB and of course I always forget
> the difference between kbits and MB when I'm faced with it.
>
> There are many conversion sites out there but I was wondering if anyone
> knows of a good "quick reference" site for computer metric conversion
> values?  A site that listed ranges of transfer rates for
> network/hardware speed would be a nice find also.  I'll keep looking.

Thanks for the two replies:)  I found one nice on-line conversion utility
geared toward computer metrics here -
http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/computer

I can't believe there isn't more on the web explaining the metrics of
computers.
kent

--
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the
   same level of thinking we were at when we created them."