[Techtalk] metric system/transfer rates

ktb x.y.f at home.com
Sun Sep 9 11:31:45 EST 2001

I've been searching google now for a half hour and can't find what I'm
looking for, which is unusual.  Having not grown up with the metric
system I've never been real comfortable with how things are measured in
the computer world.  I know it is a simple thing but none of it makes
sense to me unless I convert to MB or GB and of course I always forget
the difference between kbits and MB when I'm faced with it.

There are many conversion sites out there but I was wondering if anyone
knows of a good "quick reference" site for computer metric conversion
values?  A site that listed ranges of transfer rates for
network/hardware speed would be a nice find also.  I'll keep looking.
Thanks,
kent

--
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the
   same level of thinking we were at when we created them."