[Techtalk] KDE: the saga continues

Raven Brooke rbrooke at maine.rr.com
Tue Oct 30 07:46:46 EST 2001

hahah! check this out:

In an effort to debug the sound problem, I hooked up the
amplifier/speakers, and noticed the familiar hum 'til I wiggled the
connector just right: "hhmmm, bad ground; need to replace the card soon" I
thought.

Well, one thought led to another, removed the card and KDE started just
fine.

Swapped in an identical card, this one fresh out of the box, and
everything's peachy -- it was an elusive hardware problem all along.

Thanks for all your help  : )