[Techtalk] KDE: the saga continues

Rob Stevens linuxgawd at home.com
Mon Oct 29 17:43:20 EST 2001

I dont think its dependant, but if KDE is trying to query the audio adapter
and it is mis-configured, it may be causing a kernel panic.  Something you
may want to try is disable that sound device in your BIOS.  If I remember
correctly that's in the Integrated Peripherals.  Try disabling the codec and
try KDE.  I have the same chipset, and I haven't had that problem.