[Techtalk] RH 7.2/KDE

Raven Brooke rbrooke at maine.rr.com
Tue Oct 30 03:43:07 EST 2001

I started with the KDE version included in the RedHat 7.2 install, then
got fresh rpm's from kde.org for 2.2.1. I am almost tempted to try the
alpha 3.0 -- it couldn't be more broken than what I have now  : ) The
version that comes as part of the install with 7.2 has worked fine on
several other machines, which is why I am thinking there may be a hardware
issue: the hardware is different for each one. I have swappped the
videoboards around, so I am pretty sure that's not it, and one of the
other machines has a celeron processor also. The only hardware difference
that jumps out at me is the via chipset on the motherboard . . .

thx for the pine tip, all better  : )