[Techtalk] Bellsouth and DSL (beware the evil monopoly)

Lemanski, Lahoma J. LJLemanski at mail.ifas.ufl.edu
Mon Oct 22 09:09:48 EST 2001

Bellsouth, they are an evil monopoly.
I have been bugging them for nearly a year and a half, not necessarily
because I want them to provide my dsl service, but because they own the
lines to my home, and if they do not upgrade the lines in my neighborhood, I
cannot get dsl from any provider. There are several people in the immediate
vicinity who have already gotten dsl through bellsouth(less than 3 blocks
away), but they are still balking at upgrading the lines. Also a friend who
lives about 4 blocks away, actually recieved notification that dsl was
available at his home, so he called acceleration.net, and they got him up
and running. A few days after that, he had no dsl, and also no phone service
for 4 days. When the phone service came back, he no longer had dsl.
Bellsouth told him "Sorry, your lines no longer qualify for dsl." Needless
to say, I believe that lawyers have been called and legal action is going to
have to be taken, as this is not the first incident of such behavior from
Bellsouth.

         .8888.
  __...d8O8888b
,""""888888' '8b
      `Y8Y.. .d8b
       / .8888888b
      |  888888888b
      |  8888888888
      |  8888888888
      |  .8888888888
      | d8888888888
      | 88881888888   Lahoma Lemanski
      | 88881888888    Senior Secretary, FAMRC
      | 88881888888     http://www.agmarketing.ifas.ufl.edu
      | Y8818888888
      \ 'Y81888888Y
       \ 'Y1888888'
        |  8888888
  ,mm8'.8888888      Linux.... It's not just for  boys