[Techtalk] Kernel compile problem

James james at james-web.net
Mon Oct 22 07:30:44 EST 2001

I recently compiled a kernel (2.4.12) and when I rebooted the system (after
copying bzImage and System.map to /boot/ and updating lilo), the system
seemed to "hang" after "Uncompressing Linux..........." during bootup.

Is it actually hanging (as in something is b0rked) or am I just being
impatient and not letting it uncompress for the first time?

Not a major issue, as I still have the original kernel on there too.

- James, kernelally challenged on this one