[Techtalk] sendmail

ellie ellie at mn.rr.com
Sat Oct 20 09:47:14 EST 2001

I decided that I would partition my iMac at work to allow one partition for
OS 9 and the other for Mandrake.  When I put the installer in, immediately I
get an error message Wrong partition 1 signature.  I am able to continue
with the installation, but when it is time to install the bootloader, the
Mac partition isn't offered in the dropdown list of partitions.  No matter
where I try to install the Y, it will not let me and gives back an error,
which I am not going to try to install Linux again to obtain.  The gist of
it is that it is not a Mac partition so cannot be written to.  Has anyone
successfully installed Mandrake on such a configuration?  Thanks in advance
to anyone who might have an answer.

Ellie