[Techtalk] Vim, mutt, and terminals

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Mon Oct 1 12:05:08 EST 2001

At 10/1/01 12:00 PM , Raven, corporate courtesan wrote:
>[Mutt question]

Sorry, can't help you with the Mutt question. But:

>         Also, Mandrake had some sort of terminal settings where when you
> did an ls, anything with the executable bit set showed up in blue,
> regular files showed up in green, symlinks in yellow, etc.  Anyone know
> how that was done?

alias ls='ls -F --color=tty'

(Actually, you may or may not want to bother with that -F. That's just what
I use.)

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"Hey, sister Moonshine, hold me 'til the break of dawn,
  Hold me long,
  Hold me hard,
  Hold me 'til the shadows fade away..."
                                                 --The Mission UK,