[Techtalk] NFS gurus, please help!

jhamilto at n2h2.com jhamilto at n2h2.com
Thu Nov 15 17:11:01 EST 2001

I'd look towards a network issue first. Are both servers using the same
network? Do they have the same types of Network cards (10
Base-T/100-Base-T, negotiation set up properly, etc)? In your test
environment, does the same box get better NFS performance to the Linux
server than the Solaris server? Are the routes reported by netstat -rn
the same? Does the solaris box have the correct default router
(/etc/defaultrouter)?

Jen