[Techtalk] NFS gurus, please help!

Britta Koch bkoch at rz.uni-osnabrueck.de
Thu Nov 15 10:57:36 EST 2001

Hi!

We have a EMC^2 file server and Linux PCs and Solaris boxen as servers.
Unfortunately, access via NFS from Linux is 4 - 10 times faster than
from Solaris. We have tested the obvious stuff, tuning with the
parameters rsize=xxxx and wsize=xxxx, which has improved performance a
little, but there must be an obscure option we're missing. Is there an
NFS guru around who'd like to help?

Many thanx in advance,

Britta
--
 \ /	ASCII Ribbon Campaign	  britta at linuxchix.org
  X	- NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   http://www.silverymoon.de
 / \	- NO Word docs in e-mail  "My other car is a cdr."