[Techtalk] StarOffice6 and Word Perfect

Glenda R. Snodgrass grs at theneteffect.com
Tue Nov 13 14:42:35 EST 2001

Has anyone managed to get the Word Perfect filters working in StarOffice6?
Many of our clients are lawfirms and use only Word Perfect, so this is a
big issue for us.  We have one small office ready to try Linux on the
desktop and we're putting together their test box right now, but the
WordPerfect 2000 suite doesn't want to install on RedHat 7.2 (and really
it's a horrible program anyway), and the basic StarOffice6 installation
doesn't include import filters for WP.  The Help entry on installing add'l
text import filters doesn't actually match the screen in the setup program
(I can only find the graphics filters, not text).

Any help much appreciated.

--
Glenda R. Snodgrass

Before you begin, consider ... The Net Effect
http://www.theneteffect.com
(251) 433-0196