[techtalk] Here we go

Ruhiel ruhiel at noom.com
Thu May 24 00:45:17 EST 2001

I'm defragging now, and using the laptop for web connection.

I have the burned SuSE cd.. I know it works because my neighbor just
installed from it ;)

I'm going to use the built in partitioner. I'm giving Linux 3gb with a 300mb
swap. (Then i'll still have over 6 free.)

I'm going to use the Boot Magic that's already installed to control the boot
ups.

And I have the Linux install guide from Linux.com pulled up and ready to
go...

The last thing i'll need to do is install ximian. BUT I don't know how to
since I won't be hooked up to the internet... can I somehow download it in
wondows and pull it up from Linux?
Forgive my silly questions. I know it involves mounting something, but
beyond that i'm clueless.

Ruhiel