[techtalk] Here we go

Jenny Bernard jbernard at richmond.edu
Thu May 24 01:14:34 EST 2001

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Ruhiel wrote:
> The last thing i'll need to do is install ximian. BUT I don't know how to
> since I won't be hooked up to the internet... can I somehow download it in
> wondows and pull it up from Linux?
> Forgive my silly questions. I know it involves mounting something, but
> beyond that i'm clueless.
>
> Ruhiel

If you have a windows partition, you can navigate to /mnt and just do a
"mount win" (or whatever you have named your windows partition... mine is
called win). Then you can get to all of your windows files in the win/
directory.  For an install, you would probably want to copy the file to
where it needs to be on your Linux partition and then set it up from
there.  When you're done copying, to unmount you just issue a "umount
win" command.

No silly questions!  You just made my day by asking a techtalk question I
was able to answer! :)

Jenny

--
Jenny Bernard