[techtalk] Red Hat, Quanta+, Bluefish (was: window manager preference?)

Nicole Zimmerman colby at wsu.edu
Thu May 17 09:30:08 EST 2001

> Yes, but they give you the choice of KDE or Gnome at install.  You can
> install both, but choose either as your default.  I chose KDE and had no
> problems, other than an overwhelming need to rearrange their menus.  Mandrake
> is much better at subdividing the menus and making it so you can actually
> find things.

This is courtesy Mandrake using the menus system. Debian does this as
well. When you install a new package, it is installed into your menus.
There is a guide as to where packages of what type should go in the
menuing system (I found this out when adding my own non-packaged menu
entries), enforcement is not strict but suggested.

-nicole