[techtalk] ssh slow login

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Thu May 17 15:36:46 EST 2001

Im going to pipe up, if only because I actually know the answer to this one!
;)

SSH is trying to do nslookups, id guess.  Check you have a valid /etc/hosts
/ c:\windows\hosts / c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file with entries
for both client and server.. that may solve it.

(Waves to Fenchurch, if shes about :) )

-.-. --.-
:-)