[techtalk] Debian

Jen Hamilton jhamilto at n2h2.com
Fri Mar 9 14:46:02 EST 2001

The only thing I know about apt-get is that it's a wrapper for
dselect. I'd suggest using dselect, as it may give you more control
(a.k.a. more explicit error messages) over installs. dselect is a little
confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it...

In any case, here's a quick tutorial:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/dselect-beginner.html

Jen