[techtalk] Pine and new mail

Rick Scott rick at shadowspar.dyndns.org
Thu Mar 8 13:01:27 EST 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 11:40:32AM -0500, Jason wrote:
> My Pine mailbox doesn't seem to refresh itself as it should, or at least
> as I'd like it to.  Frequently I'll have a terminal window open with Pine
> running, showing no messages in my inbox for several minutes, and then
> when I quit to the command prompt it will say "kept single message."

As an interim fix - if I recall correctly, doing a screen redraw
(control-L) when you are on the `inbox' screen should make it grab any
new mail in addition to redrawing the screen.
(I never did get around to configuring pine's subleties...)

Rick
--
Mike:  I swear, you must think you're some kind of god.
Pitr:  God, root, what is difference?