[Techtalk] [OT] Where can I find a Jr. Admin job?

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Thu Jun 7 19:12:22 EST 2001

ktb wrote:

> Trouble is, where does one find a Jr. Admin job?  I've looked around the
> net at monster.com, computerjobs.com and various papers though the U.S.
> Most of the Admin jobs are Sr. Admin and they want 3 to 5 years
> experience.

For a start: who do you know who knows your skillset? Do they have
friends/peers/people they know who need a junior admin?

Secondly: where are you? What country? What city? Maybe one of *us*
knows someone who knows a junior admin.

Most *advertised* admin jobs tend to be senior admin, because junior
admins tend to get created out of precisely the kind of raw material
you are. :) So you need to make sure as many local sysadmins and
programmers as possible know you want to be trained.

Networking in this industry doesn't *just* revolve around Cat-5. :)

Jenn V.

jenn at simegen.com     Jenn Vesperman     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/