[techtalk] login problem on a cobalt raq3

Jen Hamilton jhamilto at n2h2.com
Wed Jun 13 15:29:03 EST 2001

I have no idea about Cobalt web servers, but if this were a linux box I
would think there may be a problem starting a shell. I'm assuming there is
one because it uses ssh/telnet. If it is racked at an ISP, do they have
support that you can call who will hook up a console (or look at the LCD
display) for you and let you know what comes up? Perhaps a file system is
full.

The other thing I would look into in the long run is enabling remote
logging (with linux you can set up syslog to do this) to a different
machine just in case the log files are trying to tell you that there is a
problem. That way, even if you can't get into the problem box, you can
check the logging server to see if any errors were reported before it
died.

Good luck!
Jen