[techtalk] backup solutions

Michelle Murrain michelle at murrain.net
Tue Jul 17 08:34:30 EST 2001

<snip>

>So... I know linux journal (or linux magazine) had a review of backup
>software and there is also a linux journal buyer's guide that can lead me
>in the right direction, but if anyone is satisfied with a particular
>product that would be nice to know now.
<snip>

Can I piggy back on this question - I'm looking for a relatively
inexpensive hardware backup solution for my network - most of my
working documents are on the linux server (shared with Mac and
Windows via Netatalk and Samba). The linux box does not have a SCSI
card, although that's on my mind.

Are there good inexpensive tape drives that folks have used that they
like? Has anyone had good experience with the Onstream drives?

Michelle
--
Michelle Murrain
michelle at murrain.net