[techtalk] Linux - Windows System

WolfRyder wolfryder at uswest.net
Wed Feb 28 07:46:33 EST 2001

At 06:19 PM 2/27/01 -0500, Patrick Ouellet wrote:

Let me clarify. 1st I didn't want to lose everything on my SuSE box by
having to put Windows on 1st.  and 2nd I've had HDs go bad on me before and
didn't want to lose BOTH OSs. Call me paranoid, but I've had to reinstall
windows a heck of a lot more often than Linux. I've done it both ways
(shared vs separate) and I prefer separate.

It's also easier to have 2 HDs because of the size of winproducts
bloatware. Now, if a person has a 30gig or larger HD, then room is a moot
point.

And yes, when I had trouble with win98 and no matter how many times I
reinstalled it, it never worked correctly, I reformated my HD and started
clean. So reinstalling Linux was necessary.

Carol