[techtalk] Linux - Windows System

Patrick Ouellet sataninside at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 27 19:19:46 EST 2001

Just a little thing here...
Why do you say you must reinstall Suse when you reinstall windows...
this can be done without re-installing Linux..

Corrrect me if Im wrong but all you need is a linux boot disk.
Once you have re-installed windoze, it always without any kind of warning
remplace your boot sector, so you boot with your bootdisk
then issue the lilo command and lilo is re-installed as it was before...

And for your question Liese:
I diffenetly suggest a dual boot...
Wine and VMWare wont do any good for games.

Another thing, I wouldn't suggest win2k... as it is new
and also full of good ol' M$ bugs...

My setup is this.
Fujitsu 6.4 Gig == Windows
WD 6.4 gig == Linux
20gig data for the two of em'

I use HD Tray for switching between my linux and windows...
so each of them have their own boot sector...

Have fun with Baldur's Gates...
( also one of my favorites )