[techtalk] DHCP client with multiple NICs

Subba Rao subba9 at home.com
Wed Aug 1 16:38:21 EST 2001

I have installed Slackware 8 on a system with 2 NICs. In "netconfig" I have
selected the "dhcp" option. When the system comes up, it only finds the eth0.
The system does not get an IP address for eth1. The interface does not get listed
for the "ifconfig" command. How is a dhcp client with multiple NICs configured?

Are there any docs that explain the dhcp setup? I have read the dhcpd.conf but it looks like
it is for the DHCP server setup. Where in the init scripts are dhcp addresses assigned to the
interfaces?

Thank you for any info.

--

Subba Rao
subba9 at home.com
http://members.home.net/subba9/

GPG public key ID 27FC9217
Key fingerprint = 2B4C 498E 1860 5A2B 6570  5852 7527 882A 27FC 9217