[techtalk] Re: Write down while you are modifying the system...(was: [techtalk] New here)

Magni Onsoien magnio at pvv.ntnu.no
Mon Apr 30 08:51:20 EST 2001

Julie:
> What I'd like is for someone who has used both to give a sort
> of comparitive analysis.  I've not been able to find a working
> SCCS package for Linux, or at least one that will work with the
> dozens of SCCS files I have from Really Old Projects.  So I
> guess it's time to move to something else ...

I must confess I have hardly heard of SCCS (so a presentation may be
nice :)), but chapter 7 of the Unix FAQ at
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/faq/part7/ contains a comparision of
RCS and SCCS, and it should be faily easy to find a comparision (which
will IMHO be a like comparing apples and oranges..) of CVS and RCS.

>From 7.1 in the FAQ: "Note that RCS learned from the mistakes of
SCCS..." :)

(There are also reimplementations of CVS that have learnt from CVS.
Have a look at freshmeat.)

Magni :)
--
sash is very good for you.