[techtalk] Re: Write down while you are modifying the system...(was: [techtalk] New here)

Julie jockgrrl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 29 22:12:19 EST 2001

From: Eric R. Turner <turnere at cc.wwu.edu>
> On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Julie wrote:
> > I used to use SCCS (to the point that when IBM legal asked me to
> > prove I own Shadow I offered to bring in the SCCS files going back
> > to 1987) all the time.  How does CVS compare to it?  Assume I have
> > all kinds of neat toys for extracting entire "releases".
>
> I haven't used SCCS... only CVS. You can indeed tag releases for later
> extraction with CVS.

I figured =that= much was possible!

What I'd like is for someone who has used both to give a sort
of comparitive analysis.  I've not been able to find a working
SCCS package for Linux, or at least one that will work with the
dozens of SCCS files I have from Really Old Projects.  So I
guess it's time to move to something else ...

-- Julie.