[techtalk] Registering DNS servers(try .cx!)

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Tue Apr 10 13:42:39 EST 2001

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 10:38:34PM -0700, Amber wrote:
> Now, if only they had something to do this for .cx domains, since they
> stopped supporting them, I have gotten nothing done, I have gone around in
> circles with register.com (yes I know my first mistake was using them) and
> NSI....I can't look up my domain because it is CX, I can't even try to login
> because they don't have my domain extention in their drop down menu...anyone
> else have this problem...?
> ~Amber~
> ...whose poor domain has been sitting there, configured in apache for over a
> month now, and sitting in her public_html file even longer.....

OK, so what exactly do you need to do? It isn't yet entirely clear.

As yet I take it, your domain name does not point at the IP address.
Do you need to
1) Get it to point there,
or
2) Get it to point there using a nameserver you have set up.

Who did you register it with? Who is it registered with now? Can you update
their records? If not, why not?

And most importantly, what is the domain name? I could do some poking around
with whois queries (although .cx are a pain) but you need to tell me the name.

Mary.

--
Mary Gardiner
<mary at puzzling.org>