[techtalk] Mail configurations

Sunnanvind Briling atog at swipnet.se
Mon Sep 18 01:12:08 EST 2000

Hello, everybody, I have been having trouble with my mail configuration since
day one.
Here is the situation; I have my mail with one isp (swipnet), and use another
to dial up. My old isp doesn't allow me to use the SMTP server, so I want to
use my own computer for sending.
I configured exim with the defaults and told emacs that it should display my
email adress as atog at swipnet.se which is the adress leading to the pop account
at my old isp, the mail I check.
The problem is that some of the mail won't get through; it complains that
"reverie does not exist". reverie is the name I arbitrarily chose as my
localhost name, and of course it doesn't exist as a locator.
The question is, of course, how do I config exim properly for a situation like this?