[techtalk] Re: [grrltalk] I'm back from the dead (and they were far out, man)

Magni Onsoien magnio at pvv.ntnu.no
Tue Sep 12 10:12:47 EST 2000

Sunnanvind Briling:

>    Then you should be able to use ANY ftp-client
>    that come with your distro, but I'd recommend ncftp or you could try
>    'apt-cache search ftp' and just install whichever look interesting.
>
> Thanks for the tip.
> I just remembered that the last time I was fiddling with ftp I 1) had problem with my connection and B) the server kept crashing. So now it's basically just a matter of me taking the time to read a manpage and do some changes (just some small fixes to the page, some opinions I no longer hold, and so on)..

If you are behind a firewall you might have to use an ftp-client that
supports passive connections. I wish I could use ncftp for that, but I
have actually never managed to get it to work in passive mode (ncftp
2.4.3 on Debian 2.2 or RedHat 5.2). Any tip (or config files)
appreciated :)

I usually end up using pftp, which is ftp in passive mode. Ok if
compiled with ncurses (or whatver. I wanna use the arrow keys and tab!)

> Sunnanvind (hope this doesn't get marked as OT/techy for grrltalk..)

Sending it right away to techtalk now :)
(Reply-to set!)

Magni :)
--
ulimit is good for you.