[techtalk] :)

Mary Gardiner mary at creative.net.au
Tue Sep 12 14:17:19 EST 2000

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 09:21:45PM -0500, Nick Green wrote:
> well, yay me!  I finally have a working copy of debian on my laptop.  now for functionality.
>
> can anyone point me towards a page explaining how to configure mutt and/or how to setup
> .muttrc?
>
> n.

The mutt people have a list of links to sample config files at
http://www.mutt.org/links.html#config

The only one I've looked at is Telsa'a at
http://www.linux.org.uk/~telsa/BitsAndPieces/cave.html but I didn't use it
(but I did find the sample .procmailrc helpful Telsa!). All her sample
files are heavily commented so you should be able to learn lots of stuff
(yay for documenters!)

I actually used the automated .muttrc builder at
http://mutt.netliberte.org/ - just change the things you want and leave
the others at the default setting, which is the mutt default, but will be
put in your .muttrc as comments so you can change things later.

Good luck,
Mary