[techtalk] Firewall...

curious curious at curious.org
Mon Oct 9 01:19:23 EST 2000

FIRST: Decide on an overal security policy for the company (who can do
what/ what is important/ what do we do when we want to make changes to our
paremiter {ie. add modems and stuff})

Second:what type of access do you want going in and going out of your
network? (ie. what is the firewall reason for living)
7/10 times you can build a firewall of proxies (ie. squid,FWTK)
then just use Ipchains to handle protecting/watching the rest of the box
http://www.opensec.net/fwproxy.html has links to lots of firewalls

this is a REALY good howto:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Firewall-HOWTO.html

Without knowing what your wanting to do with the firewall it's hard for me
to come up with a more detailed answer... the links and clue words above
aught to get you started... if you have any other questions.. let me know
:)

Chris

 \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign      curious at curious.org
  X   - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail     http://www.curious.org/
 / \  - NO Word docs in e-mail    "This quote is false." -anon