[techtalk] Lilo (or is it mbr?) woes

Sunnanvind Briling atog at swipnet.se
Mon Nov 6 22:57:19 EST 2000

I haven't had any problems with this on other distros, so this might or mightn't be debian specific.

The problem is that updating lilo doesn't seem to work.

The labels I currently have running, the ones I can choose between at boot, are pglfb and h. The former is my linuxpartition, and the latter is dos (currently that directory is removed from my fat partition, but I like to keep it bootable just in case I'll add freedos or something).
I've compiled kernel v 2.2.17, and also changed the labels in /etc/lilo.conf to linux and h (still). I've run lilo as root (sbin is in roots path on my system), and it says "adding linux *; adding h" but when I reboot, it's still pglfb, and it boots kernel 2.2.15.

I am using the debian mbr-program (that promts you to pick a partition to boot from)

What am I doing wrong?

Sunnanvind.