[techtalk] Screen problems in Xwindows

Davida Schiff dschiff at entrypoint.com
Tue May 23 10:48:06 EST 2000

Hi Glen,

I have but X on many different Toshiba Notebooks. This is how I do it: I
first install the XF86Setup RPM  (you may have to install the VGA server RPM
(first)as well) Then run XF86Setup. Put in the proper video card in the card
section. Under monitor...I use the following parameters: for dual scan,
older TFTs or HPA screens: horizontal sync of 25-64 & vertical sync of
40-70. For newer TFTs use: horizontal of 31.5-48.5 & vertical of 55-90. In
the mode section of XF86Setup choose 800x600 and 16 bit (safe for all); and
you should be set to go.

Hope this helps,

Davida