[techtalk] html editors

Caitlyn M. Martin caitlyn at netferrets.net
Wed Mar 22 09:28:12 EST 2000

dez wrote:

> So I take it that you have no suggestions of a similar HTML editor for linux
> like Hotdog ???

Hi,

Well... I've never used Hotdog, so I can't compare, but I've found three I can
use and like reasonably well.  The simplest, and IMHO, the best, especially if
you basically do raw coding, is Webmaker, which was written for KDE.  You can
use with with Gnome or any WM, but you do need QT installed.  I also like
SCREEM (written for Gnome) and have played a little with Bluefish, and it looks
promising too.

Take care,
Caity
(website updated with Webmaker)