[techtalk] html editors

Jeff phaedrus at thereactor.cleptoscastle.com
Wed Mar 22 00:09:25 EST 2000

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 03:02:56PM +0800, dez wrote:
> sorry .........
> iIdidnt know i was...............it should all be plain text..I just checked
> the settings of this confounded outlook express and it is set to plain text
> so I dont know how it is being sent in html.

It sent the html as an attachment... ugh.  I won't start about Outlook....

> I code from scratch too  -- and using a good HTML editor does not mean that
> you dont code from scratch.BUT Let's face it....Notepad does not always cut
> the mustard...especially when using a lot of graphics etc....

Notepad sucks monkeys.  Use vim ;)

> Sometimes it saves time to use a great editor like Hotdog.
> Hotdog and its genre can be used a type of wsiwyg editor if you set it for
> basic mode...However using it advanced mode and in conjunction with Notepad
> you get a page for all and sundry.AND you code from scratch.

Has anyone suggested Amaya yet?  Now, admittedly, I haven't used it, but
in my search for The-Perfect-Browser-That-Doesn't-Exist-Yet, I ran
across the fact that amaya is also an html editor (full wysiwyg even,
which I guess can be useful for a webpage; I got more mileage out of an
editor where I can switch between files quickly, but I haven't done
heavy webdev since I switched to linux).  You might want to look into it
and an xterm running vim...

--
Jeff

My Public Key -- http://24.5.73.229/pubkey.txt