[techtalk] Bunch of odd messages

Caitlyn M. Martin caitlyn at netferrets.net
Sun Mar 26 13:21:53 EST 2000

Kelly Lynn Martin wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 09:47:08 +0100, Rik Hemsley <rik at kde.org> said:
>
> >Um, you ran Gnome ? It's buggy.
>
> Please refrain from gratuitous flaming of free software packages.
> Thank you.

Gratuitous flaming?  In my experience, he is absolutely correct, at least
for Gnome and E run together.  Crashes and core dumps and seg faults are why
I now run KDE and kwm.  Gnome/E was, and so far as I know, still is too
unstable for me to use on a daily basis.

Now, having said that, I do think it is *very* promising, and I am sure they
will get the bugs worked out.

IMHO, pointing out that something still has problems and isn't quite
polished yet doesn't qualify as "gratuitous flaming".

Just my .02...

-Caity