[techtalk] licq

lady crowe ladycrowe at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 15 07:58:06 EST 2000

ok, i've been a part of this list for almost two months now and i've finally
got a computer, not only that, but it has linux on it... and nothing else...
the difficult thing is trying to learn how to use it w/ out a mouse... but
that's another story...

anyway, for the reason i'm finally piping up with a problem on this list is
because i've run across a bit of difficulty in installing licq onto my
machine.  So, i've gotten to the point where i've got the licq downloaded
and installed... but... it won't work because i don't have any plugins for
it.  Now, i've tried going to the licq.com to see if i can find the plugin i
need to download but, surprisingly enough<--enter sarcasm w/ a grin... i
have not a clue as to what i'm supposed to be looking for.  Would anyone out
there be able to help me w/ this?

Also, when i run into downloading tar files... how do i... er... uncompress
them?  I tried one thing and it didn't work as someone told me it should...

thx for your time
ann