[techtalk] Re: MySQL Books

Amy amy at bpsinet.com
Tue Jun 6 19:04:19 EST 2000

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, William C Beegle wrote:

> "MySQL" by Paul DuBois and Michael Widenius (New Riders Publishing) is
> supposed to be much better, though I don't have a copy and can't vouch for
> that personally.
>
> -will beegle

Got it, love it. Granted, I am *hating* MySQL and PHP right now,
but that's my own fault. Both books I have for them are great,
I just haven't had the time to actually read them both yet,
but I am still USING them to figure out this bear of a project
I have to work on. This LinuxChic is in WAAAYYY over her head with
this one, and I told them that, I *told* them that I did NOT have
the technical knowledge to handle this project on my own, but then,
oh well! My knowledge of PHP goes far enough to modify a script to
tweak it a little to what I want, and yet this stinking shopping cart
project got thrown on my lap. ::grrr::  But then, I digress!
I hardily recommend the New Riders MySQL book, 50 bucks, and worth it.
I have the Wrox Professional PHP programming book, good so far, but it
would be better to start out slowly and actually do the projects in
the book instead of having to skip ahead five chapters ;-)

Amy | amy at bpsinet.com