installing MySQL (was: Re: [techtalk] Web programming and nomic)

Julie Meloni julie at thickbook.com
Mon Jun 5 13:07:51 EST 2000

"Lilly S." wrote:

> oh no! i wish I'd known this earlier! I just got it over the weekend. I'm
> having a *HELL* of a time trying to install the darned thing..

Oh dear.  I've found MySQL to be easy to deal with.  Please let me know
what you've done (off-list) and I'll help you out.  I've got a new book
coming out in like 6 wks, that includes MySQL on a CD, so I've got a
chapter already written that I can condense for you.

- Julie

ps I can't think of a better place to be lost and frustrated in than San
Francisco.  Plenty of good coffee/alcohol places to go vent your
frustration.  :)

| Julie Meloni                                   |
| Tech. Director, i2i Interactive (www.i2ii.com) |
| e-mail: jcm at i2ii.com                           |
| "PHP Essentials" ... http://www.thickbook.com/ |