[techtalk] web+ (free version)

aprilk aprilk at linuxstart.com
Sun Jan 30 15:36:17 EST 2000

Nils Philippsen <nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de> wrote:
>On 30 Jan 2000, Kelly Kirby wrote:
>
>> I really need help with setting up web+ on
>> my computer. I have apache running, and
>> web + is loaded..but, I have no clue about
>> the webplus.exe in the cgi-bin. It keeps telling
>> me that it isn't running.
>>
>> Explanation: I want to learn about developing
>> e-commerce type sites and this looked like
>> it would do it. Webplus has a free version for Linux
>> and I downloaded it.
>
>I'd suggest using PHP (http://www.php.net). It's really easy to start with
>and works like a charm here. And least, but not least, it is free (as in
>speech).
>
>It works by inserting commands directly into the HTML code, á la:
>
>[...]
>This is some html code.<br>
>And this: <? print ($a + $b); ?> is something generated dynamically with
>PHP.<br>
>[...]
>
>Of course, for e-commerce you would do some database queries (and the
>like) in the "<? ... ?>"-part(s).
>
>Nils
>--
> Nils Philippsen / Berliner Straße 39 / D-71229 Leonberg // +49.7152.209647
>nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de / nils at fht-esslingen.de / nils at redhat.de
>   The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be
>   regarded as a criminal offence.                  -- Edsger W. Dijkstra

>techtalk at linuxchix.org   http://www.linuxchix.org

Mom has PHP on her computer, is not a programmer and doesn't even pretend to try(unless html, that is). I haven't even learned it yet. I'm trying to help her get this program she wants, running properly. At some time future I will try to learn those fun languages but right now to many things are going for me to start.

April