[techtalk] Mounted drive

Gustavo Sudre gsudre at openlink.com.br
Sat Jan 29 12:17:51 EST 2000

Hi guys!
 Well, when i executed #df -m, i was surprised with the little space that
left after my installations. So, i created hda5, linux native, with 1gb (my
main linux partitions are hdb1 and hdb2 -> swap). But i've a doubt: how can
i enjoy all this new space? I know i've to moutn it using mtab, fstab... but
where should i mount it to? My first idea was /usr. But will my files be
overwrritten, i mean, those files that are there now? And if i mount it to /
? Does this mean that every directory, such as /usr, /home ..., will be
enjoying that space?
 Thanks

Gustavo Sudre
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil