[techtalk] printer probs with 2.2.13 and lpd

Dakota Surmonde surmonde at freeshell.org
Thu Jan 27 14:11:48 EST 2000

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Nils Philippsen wrote:

> What does `lsmod | grep parport` give?

since I've got a monolithic kernel absolutely nothing :) but dmesg | grep
parport gives

parport0: PC-style at 0x3bc [SPP,PS2]
parport0: no IEEE-1284 device present.
lp0: using parport0 (polling).

um..also, I set up pdq, and actually got one good print out of it (well,
it was stair stepping, but that I can cope with), but after that, it just
feeds paper (well,it's a slight improvement, I guess, over no response at
all) and now I can't print to the raw device anymore :( (it feeds paper,
but no printing)

and it works perfectly under windows (well, that's a first :) )

Vinnie