[techtalk] Introduction, and Question

Suzanne Messina sansa at vdot.net
Wed Jan 26 04:53:44 EST 2000

First off, I'd like to start with an introduction. I'm only <relatively>
new to this list, and so far I've found an abundance of
information...and plenty of laughs. I'm...old enough not to say, and
currently work as a System Administrator with a software development
company in Manhattan which specializes in database management/mining
solutions.

My question is this. Systems I know. Sadly, with hardware my knowledge
is less than...stellar. In any event, I'm currently looking into
purchasing a HDD array, of sorts. Basically a chassis set for
approximately 12 Ultra2-SCSI LVD drives, preferably hot swappable. The
drives I'm not concerned about; the chassis, however, is what I'm most
concerned about, and whether or not it will work on a Linux system.
I've seen HP units, Compaq units, but those have been generally for HP
Netservers or..well, Compaq I just can't swallow (bad experiences).

In any event, if anyone knows of anything that's Linux-friendly,
please show me the light.

Thanks for all the insight so far; it's been a boon to find Linuxchix!