[techtalk] servers: Dell vs Compaq [was:Other OSes on a Linux box]

Conrad Golightly acow at home.com
Tue Jan 4 19:33:25 EST 2000

I personally support 10 Proliant 5000s, a few 800s, three brand spankin' new
8500s, a few 5500s (or whatever the immediate predecessor to the 5000 was),
and some other lil thing I use as a firewall (Checkpoint FW-1 under NT,) and
I can attest to the fact that Compaq servers are awesome. I have NT, Netware
(woo!), Linux, and FreeBSD on various boxes, and it works great. Plus, if
you're using NT or Netware, Compaq Insight Manager is a godsend. My pager
even goes off if something *really* bad happens. =P

I do wish Compaq would port the Insight Agents to *nix tho.