[techtalk] Subnets + Routing "Off Topic"

Sandy Jackson da-boys at home.com
Fri Feb 18 15:26:14 EST 2000

<!...Sheepishly apologizing for being off topic...>

I have a problem can someone help..?
This is my first time using this list....

OS:
RH 5.2 out of the box

Firewall script from:
Hali Tower Darkover Firewall design tool,
ipfwadm, setup for 2 nic cards....

Running on a P100, 16mb ram, 540mb Hd.

External card using DHCP @home connection.
Using a 192.168.2.1 internal IP with subnet mask 255.255.255.0,
on the internal card "eth1"

The internal network has no trouble getting out.
I am trying to learn how to setup a subnet with a server
on the 3'rd card "eth2"....

Questions:

(1) What should the 3'rd nic's Internal IP and Subnet Mask be?

(2) Does the domain need to be different or the same
as the rest of the internal machines..?

(3) Would an NT machine on the 3'rd nic be protected from the outside world
by the firewall, since it's not mentioned in the firewall scripts configuration,
or would it be wide open and in need of it's own firewall..?

(4) Are there any routing issues I need to be aware of..?

Thanks in advance

mailto:da-boys at home.com