[techtalk] X Mail client recommendations

Britta Koch bkoch at rz.uni-osnabrueck.de
Fri Feb 18 16:30:16 EST 2000

>I am very curious to know what X-based mailers have that console
>mailers don't. Note that I can view URLs and display pictures in mutt
>when I run it in X, so that doesn't count!

I think it's not so much having pics etc, but rather having buttons to click and menus to choose from.
Even though I love Linux and the power of the command line (the Power of the Command Line ? ;),
I like having _nice-looking_ GUIs for things like email. OK, so TK isn't very pretty, and athena is just plain ugly,
but I think that GUIs with their clear division of widgets just beat text based "continuity programs" for overview
(especially when you run then in an Eterm with a pic as background ;).

Yes, my first computer was an Atari, and I never meddled with DOS.

Britta, who in her search for a fast browser even tried w3m, despite what she just said...