[techtalk] BitchX and IP address

Subba Rao subb3 at attglobal.net
Fri Feb 18 15:11:05 EST 2000

The BitchX on my system works fine for most of my accounts.
One account is not able to connect to any of the IRC servers on
any IRC nets. The user and the client go with an IP address
that does not exist.

 Connecting to port 6667 of server irc.efnet.org [refnum 0]
 Closing Link: user1[~user1 at 129.37.44.109] irc.concentric.net (No authorization: -2)
 Connection closed from irc.efnet.org: Success

I do not know how the IP address 129.37.44.109 came about. I have recompiled
my BitchX and the same problem persists. I have deleted ~/user1/.BitchX and it
still continues.

My system has squid but it is only for caching purposes. There is no IRC related
blocks.

Any pointers appreciated.

TIA.

Subba Rao
subb3 at attglobal.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com