[techtalk] virtual email hosts with sendmail

Stewart Larsen slarsen at mpinet.net
Fri Feb 18 17:17:14 EST 2000

I work for a small comapny and we have about 6 domain names registered.  I need
to set up virtual email domains.  the requirements are that the mail must appear
to come from user at domain1.com or user at domain2.com and be able to check their
mail from home.  I found a couple references on the web and even got O'Reilley's
sendmail book, but none are very helpful.  It is one machine connected to the
net with a static IP address on a DSL.  I have that domain aliased as 192.168.110.200-205
for setting up the email domains.  I got the DNS set up so I can see mail.domain1.com
 with an nslookup, but my emails to stewart at domain1.com get returned saying
it couldn't establish a SMTP connection to mail.domain1.com.  any help would
be greatly appreciated!

Stewart